Wanted something delicious for lunch, and Shannon Bennett had a nice complicated recipe for Welsh Rarebit, which I largely ignored in order to make a simpler version. (Out of impatience with the 3 hours suggested refrigeration time, mainly). A simple roux of butter and flour, to which I added 125mL or so of a light beef stock, with a splash of vinegar. It turns into a veloute, to which I then add mustard (seed and hot english) and a good amount of cheese (18month aged Mainland vintage cheddar). Cook and stir until it is liquid and silken, then pour/spread over toasts. Could have grilled it, didn’t. It would have looked better if I had, but it tasted good anyway.
- @ramonashelburne he is hiding from missiles... "@jchaltiwanger: Just got this text from a friend re: Hawaii: “My… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @morninggloria: Damn boy are you a Hawaii emergency management employee because you are pushing the wrong button 4 days ago
- RT @NutzFordBucks: Civil Defense just confirmed that the Ballistic Missle alert to Hawaii was a mistake!!! That is a hell of a mistake to m… 4 days ago
- RT @rudygobert27: Do you know what it means to have Dreams? To actually have to work for something? Does the fact that i left France to com… 5 days ago
- @Garmandude @NicholsonBlair @Terri_Schwartz I'm still disappointed Karen Traviss stopped writing books for the old expanded universe :( 5 days ago
- RT @waikato: Well, hey there 2018 👋 You’re looking gooood 😎👌🌅💯 #WaikatoUni #NewYear https://t.co/oFhsXwUSjk 1 week ago
- @Lex_topia @JonesOnTheNBA plenty of modern philosophers! I work on Democratic theory and Criminal Justice. 1 week ago