Wanted something delicious for lunch, and Shannon Bennett had a nice complicated recipe for Welsh Rarebit, which I largely ignored in order to make a simpler version. (Out of impatience with the 3 hours suggested refrigeration time, mainly). A simple roux of butter and flour, to which I added 125mL or so of a light beef stock, with a splash of vinegar. It turns into a veloute, to which I then add mustard (seed and hot english) and a good amount of cheese (18month aged Mainland vintage cheddar). Cook and stir until it is liquid and silken, then pour/spread over toasts. Could have grilled it, didn’t. It would have looked better if I had, but it tasted good anyway.
- RT @realGollumTrump: If the nasty Muellers comes thieving in the night what then? What then precious? THEN we does the PARDONS! Sméagol par… 23 hours ago
- @oohlah yus 1 day ago
- @AliIkram standing for the national party in clutha-Southland, huh? 3 days ago
- RT @LewSOS: "Somebody on $48,000 does not need to be paying 30 cents on every dollar" THEY DON'T PAY THAT ON EVERY DOLLAR ARGH FFS 3 days ago
- @glenn20sixteen I mean, polls suggest that enough of us are... 3 days ago
- RT @bigfatsurprise: I actually looked up every single paper cited in the movie for every health claim. This film scores a near-zero on soun… 3 days ago
- @mmmandar or are you looking for something more vague? 'hitting the slopes', say... 3 days ago