The challenge for this month was to make a traditional english steamed pudding, using suet. I chose a sticky date pudding, and I chose to steam them in ramekins rather than as a single big pudding, in an attempt to reduce the steaming time to something manageable. It worked, these took about an hour and a half, steamed in the oven in baking trays half submerged in water, and with a foil seal. When it came time to turn the puddings out, I discovered that my greasing efforts had been insufficient, and as you can see, the results were less than pretty. On the plus side, with the addition of some pouring cream, they tasted incredible.
- RT @realGollumTrump: If the nasty Muellers comes thieving in the night what then? What then precious? THEN we does the PARDONS! Sméagol par… 23 hours ago
- @oohlah yus 1 day ago
- @AliIkram standing for the national party in clutha-Southland, huh? 3 days ago
- RT @LewSOS: "Somebody on $48,000 does not need to be paying 30 cents on every dollar" THEY DON'T PAY THAT ON EVERY DOLLAR ARGH FFS 3 days ago
- @glenn20sixteen I mean, polls suggest that enough of us are... 3 days ago
- RT @bigfatsurprise: I actually looked up every single paper cited in the movie for every health claim. This film scores a near-zero on soun… 3 days ago
- @mmmandar or are you looking for something more vague? 'hitting the slopes', say... 3 days ago