The challenge for this month was to make a traditional english steamed pudding, using suet. I chose a sticky date pudding, and I chose to steam them in ramekins rather than as a single big pudding, in an attempt to reduce the steaming time to something manageable. It worked, these took about an hour and a half, steamed in the oven in baking trays half submerged in water, and with a foil seal. When it came time to turn the puddings out, I discovered that my greasing efforts had been insufficient, and as you can see, the results were less than pretty. On the plus side, with the addition of some pouring cream, they tasted incredible.
- @mmmandar See if you can find a mountain to climb to see the new year in? >> 1 hour ago
- @franglophonic That seems fair. 1 hour ago
- @franglophonic Which is more than the Australian government or public is doing about the issue... 2 hours ago
- @Orcon 15 update free hours later, one would hope so 2 weeks ago
- @proximityNZ I'm jealous of the people who just got emergency alerts :( 2 weeks ago
- Heh... Presidential alert, is it? >< 2 weeks ago
- @orcon update on Hamilton outage? 2 weeks ago