The challenge for this month was to make a traditional english steamed pudding, using suet. I chose a sticky date pudding, and I chose to steam them in ramekins rather than as a single big pudding, in an attempt to reduce the steaming time to something manageable. It worked, these took about an hour and a half, steamed in the oven in baking trays half submerged in water, and with a foil seal. When it came time to turn the puddings out, I discovered that my greasing efforts had been insufficient, and as you can see, the results were less than pretty. On the plus side, with the addition of some pouring cream, they tasted incredible.
- @ramonashelburne he is hiding from missiles... "@jchaltiwanger: Just got this text from a friend re: Hawaii: “My… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @morninggloria: Damn boy are you a Hawaii emergency management employee because you are pushing the wrong button 4 days ago
- RT @NutzFordBucks: Civil Defense just confirmed that the Ballistic Missle alert to Hawaii was a mistake!!! That is a hell of a mistake to m… 4 days ago
- RT @rudygobert27: Do you know what it means to have Dreams? To actually have to work for something? Does the fact that i left France to com… 5 days ago
- @Garmandude @NicholsonBlair @Terri_Schwartz I'm still disappointed Karen Traviss stopped writing books for the old expanded universe :( 5 days ago
- RT @waikato: Well, hey there 2018 👋 You’re looking gooood 😎👌🌅💯 #WaikatoUni #NewYear https://t.co/oFhsXwUSjk 1 week ago
- @Lex_topia @JonesOnTheNBA plenty of modern philosophers! I work on Democratic theory and Criminal Justice. 1 week ago