A very interesting response by Human Rights Watch to a suggestion about the use of the US military to pursue Joseph Knoy, the head of the Lords Resistance Army, was posted at Lawfare today. It is a good insight into the background to HRW campaign practices, and it provides a good guide to an international law enforcement based approach to targetting small scale dangerous figures, as opposed to the now prevalent military approach, which has a number of obvious flaws.
- @NathanFillion Oh hey, welcome to New Zealand. 9 hours ago
- @cmlittlejohn It makes Nozick an interesting case though. You can tell a lot about a libertarian by how eager they… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- @cmlittlejohn I always feel like Nozick can be subverted into the service of an expansive state, via rectification of injustice. 12 hours ago
- This is neat: soup.gua-le-ni.com What are the properties of soup? 13 hours ago
- @ShakingStick if Winston doesn't like what is on offer, he holds out 3 weeks then starts talking to labour 2 days ago
- Surprise! twitter.com/thinkprogress/… 2 days ago
- RT @ClaraJeffery: Periodic reminder that when you put Outbrain or Taboola on your site you endorse: Fake news sexism ageism racist dumbfuck… 2 days ago