The Guardian is reporting that the Egyptian army has pledged not to use force against lawful protests. This is very good news for the protesters, and equally bad news for Mubarrak, who will now have to rely on Police and the interior ministry if he wants to get heavy handed with his citizens.
- @mmmandar See if you can find a mountain to climb to see the new year in? >> 2 hours ago
- @franglophonic That seems fair. 2 hours ago
- @franglophonic Which is more than the Australian government or public is doing about the issue... 3 hours ago
- @Orcon 15 update free hours later, one would hope so 2 weeks ago
- @proximityNZ I'm jealous of the people who just got emergency alerts :( 2 weeks ago
- Heh... Presidential alert, is it? >< 2 weeks ago
- @orcon update on Hamilton outage? 2 weeks ago