This article at Al-Jazeera provides a pretty clear argument against the current publishing industry, and in favour of making access to scholarly work possible for the majority of the world population. I understand why the industry doesn’t want people like me downloading their books rather than buying them, but the available methods of prevention at the moment destroy any chance of access for most everyone else.
- @pandab33r of course. 1 day ago
- RT @realGollumTrump: If the nasty Muellers comes thieving in the night what then? What then precious? THEN we does the PARDONS! Sméagol par… 3 days ago
- @oohlah yus 4 days ago
- @AliIkram standing for the national party in clutha-Southland, huh? 5 days ago
- RT @LewSOS: "Somebody on $48,000 does not need to be paying 30 cents on every dollar" THEY DON'T PAY THAT ON EVERY DOLLAR ARGH FFS 5 days ago
- @glenn20sixteen I mean, polls suggest that enough of us are... 6 days ago
- RT @bigfatsurprise: I actually looked up every single paper cited in the movie for every health claim. This film scores a near-zero on soun… 6 days ago