This article at Al-Jazeera provides a pretty clear argument against the current publishing industry, and in favour of making access to scholarly work possible for the majority of the world population. I understand why the industry doesn’t want people like me downloading their books rather than buying them, but the available methods of prevention at the moment destroy any chance of access for most everyone else.
- @HPbasketball Renowned practical joker. Learned at the feet of the master, Tim. 2 days ago
- @HPbasketball maybe he is trolling the cameras? >> 2 days ago
- @mpsbell Well sure. But you do need to get out before your passport breaks. 3 days ago
- @mpsbell move. 3 days ago
- @mpsbell but basketball season is happening! 3 days ago
- Someone doesn't understand MMP: "...the fact remains - it is undemocratic." nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… 3 days ago
- RT @bairdjulia: Those who take power are, by definition, winners. Even ladies! Absurd headline. twitter.com/bryce_edwards/… 3 days ago