- RT @iain_white: We should be trying to reclaim more public space for people not providing less. There's so much good work from @AklDesignCh… 3 days ago
- @iain_white getting things exactly backwards. 3 days ago
- RT @billbennettnz: I thought so, also, the answers don't line up well with reality. I tried filling it in from major party perspectives &… 4 days ago
- RT @pbump: Five years ago this morning. twitter.com/realDonaldTrum… 4 days ago
- RT @gin_and_tacos: Much is made of Trump voters feeling ignored but have they considered that it's because they're awful and the things the… 5 days ago
- @rocza and I'm sure there are kernels of truth buried somewhere in the US Foundation mythology 5 days ago
- @rocza I saw that thread. I like the bit where apparently many are wearing the wrong uniform? 5 days ago
Author Archives: njmunn
A map of philosophers linked by influence on wikipedia. Created by the guys at drunks-and-lampposts.com and available under a creative commons license.
There is a pretty awesome profile of Obama in Rolling Stone at the moment. (Well, permanently, because internet). It includes the following passage: I was reminded of this incident when our interview with the president ended. As we left the … Continue reading
@NJMunn I post more there than here.
This electoral cycle has been interesting. Before the debates, I was happily watching the trainwreck that was the Romney campaign, as it staggered towards electoral annihilation. This impression was backed up by the polling data collected by Nate Silver at … Continue reading
Press Release claims – “Professor of Agribusiness at the University of Waikato, Jacqueline Rowarth says if students are looking for lucrative careers, then they should study science.” (US) Statistics Show! Mid career median income for philosophy majors: $81,200. Strangely enough, … Continue reading
It doesn’t happen often, but occasionally a political party displays backbone and does something positive for the natural world. This time, it was the Australian Federal Government, the Labour party, rapidly shoving through restrictions on a mammoth ‘super-trawler’ that was … Continue reading
Discussion of the Republican National Convention, via Gin & Tacos… “the apparent theme for the convention is luring the truth into a derelict ice cream truck with promises of candy and then repeatedly touching it in the bathing suit area” Yeah. Ladies … Continue reading